Dear Medical Students and Residents,
We are excited to invite you to participate in the 31st Annual Rural and Remote Medicine Conference, which will take place in Edmonton, Alberta. April 18th to 20th, 2024. As we prepare to open registration, we wanted to share a fantastic funding opportunity for Canadian medical students and residents.
- A guaranteed $20,000 in funding is now available exclusively for medical students and residents, to significantly reduce registration fees.
- 25 medical students and 25 residents will each receive $400 in funding.
Who is Eligible?
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a SRPC Member
- You must attend all 3 days of the conference
- You must be attending/attended a Canadian medical school.
- You must not be receiving funds(*) from another source to attend.
*Note: The ~$1000 conference funds most residents in Canada receive each year is not considered "funded" and you still qualify.
*You are still eligible if you are participating in the co-presenter program.
How to Apply?
- Register for the Rural and Remote Medicine Conference by January 20, 2024.
- Select "INVOICE ME" and submit. (Don't Pay)
How will I know if I was selected?
- End of January, you will receive an email from the SRPC indicating if you were randomly selected to receive funding.
- All learners must pay their conference fee by March 1st 2024. If a learner was randomly chosen to receive funding but has not paid their registration fee by this date, the funding will be given to another learner.
For any inquiries about the process or application, please reach out to Jenna at email@example.com. We extend our heartfelt thanks to our generous sponsors for making this initiative possible, further enhancing access to rural medicine education in Canada.
A special thank you to the SRPC students and residents who contributed to shaping the R&R Funding program for Rural Learners:
- Jessica Bennett
- Taylor Hammond
- Alaa Baiou
- Victoria Landry
- Sonja Poole
- Alexis Sharp
We look forward to your participation and the continued growth of our vibrant rural medical community and hope to see you in April.