The 27th Annual Rural and Remote Medicine Course
This year’s conference theme, COASTAL CONNECTIONS
Have a look at the program
Draft Agenda • Descriptions & Objectives
Join us in Halifax, Nova Scotia APRIL 4th to 6th, 2019
at the HALIFAX CONVENTION CENTRE #SRPC2019
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 18.75 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians. You may claim a maximum of 18.75 hours (credits are automatically calculated)
More than 190 sessions, small group sessions, hands-on workshops and Rural Critical Care modules. A family-friendly (day care included) collegial atmosphere.
What people have said about past R&R Conferences:
- It's hard to decide which sessions to go to with so many good choices.
- As a student it gave me an idea of the challenges facing rural docs today.
- Relevant peer teaching!
- Enjoy meeting old friends and colleagues and making new connections.
- The child care was excellent
- SRPC Staff Excellent, friendly, and welcoming as usual.
- Each year it gets better.
"The main draw is the opportunity to come together once a year to share current trends in rural healthcare and rural medical education. When these two topics come together during the discussions collaboratively - it is truly energizing!! The passion of rural medicine/family medicine as a generalist within the established physicians now intermingling withthe topics of newly graduated/practicing physicians and their families is an exciting synergy." - Anonymous Review from R&R 2018 in St. Johns NL
SRPC Members will have priority in small sessions.
Join the SRPC Today
Print Event Flyer
Watch the trailer for the MedicalCircus
Come find out more about the new and need-to-know updates for Primary Care for 2019 in an entertaining, hour-long performance!
The Medical Circus - The latest project from Paul and Simon!
ADD ON COURSES
Here you will find the links to register for add on courses.
These registrations are managed by the course provider.
Cancellation policy are set by them.
Optional - Social events
(If you you are already registered and wish to add social tickets, please contact Jenna)
- Mix and Mingle (Free)
- Hockey Night in Halifax at Centennial Arena - $23.00
East vs. West - A friendly game of shinny. Pack your skates and helmet. We'll bring the sticks. Ice Time: 9:00pm - 10:00pm at Centennial Arena.
- Tunes and A Time - Halifax Distilling Company - SOLD OUT- $63.25
Cape Breton Square Dance & Performance by Change of Step with Wendy MacIsaac and Mac Morin. Join us for an energetic evening of Nova Scotia’s Celtic culture! Featuring world-class highland dancers, as well as accomplished musicians, this is your chance to experience first-hand the fun of a Cape Breton square dance! A great activity for all ages, come spin round & round some of your fellow R&R attendees! This will be a performance, followed by a few sets of West Mabou style square dance, led by the Dancers of Change of Step. (Snack food only) *Family friendly till 9pm More about the Halifax Distilling Company
- Award Dinner at Murphy's - SOLD OUT- $97.75 / $51.75
Lobster Dinner with potato salad and coleslaw. (Alternative option of chicken breast or vegetarian stir fry)
Regular Rate $97.75 • Student/Resident $51.75 • Children 5-12 chicken fingers $17.25 • Children 0-4 free
- Jam Session (Free)
Bring your instrument and your voices and we will bring the lyrics to some classics.
- Movie Night (Free) Maudie - a film about Canadian folk artist Maud Lewis, which takes place in southwest Nova Scotia where Maud lived her whole life.
- Wrap up party at Keith's Brewery - $143.75 / $86.25
A “jewel in the crown” of historical Halifax, Mr. Keith’s brewery was originally built in 1820. In 2000 the site was re-opened to the public as a premiere destination for Nova Scotians as well as tourists. Walk around the brewery enjoy a few more hours with friends and colleagues. (Ticket price includes drinks and food) *Family friendly till 9pm
Regular Rate $143.75 • Student/Resident $86.25 • Children 5-12 chicken fingers $17.25 • Children 0-4 free
The regular rate tickets help keep cost lower for students and residents.
- Please visit our SRPC Family/Partner Page
- Childcare : Free on site during conference hours.
- Non Medical Partner : Registration $143.75
To add your child/children to the childcare list please email email@example.com with their Name/Age/Allergies and provide contact name/cellphone number.
We are happy to add your Non Medical partner to your registration ($) so they can join you for meals and plenaries.
HOTEL / TRAVEL / TOURISM
Room blocks (discounted rates) - Check in as early as March 30th and Check out as late as April 10th at your choice at these two locations. Reservations online must be made prior to March 5th, 2019. After March 5th call hotel direct to see if they still have rooms.
- Cambridge Suites Halifax (limited rooms left)
1583 Brunswick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rates start at $159
6 min walk to the Halifax Convention Centre (500.0 m)
Toll free Cambridge Suites is 800-565-1263
- Prince George Hotel Halifax (Fully booked)
1725 Market Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rates start at $189
2 min walk to the Halifax Convention Centre (190.0 m)
Toll free Prince George Hotel 800-565-1567
Use discount code 4X7M6AQ to book online visit www.westjet.com/conventions
Travel from: March 26, 2019 to April 15, 2019
Offer 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada and 2% off Econo*, 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares for guests traveling Trans-border** into and out of Halifax.
Air Canada :
Use discount code, 8GPH4YQ1 to book online visit aircanada.com and enter the promotion code in the search panel.
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Halifax, YHZ (NS)
- The travel period begins Wednesday, March 27, and ends Sunday, April 14, 2019.
- No discount will apply to Tango bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. For International travel (destinations outside North America), discounts apply to all fares including Tango.
From all stations throughout the VIA system to Halifax, Nova Scotia and return. VIA rail travel details here
From Halifax Stanfield International Airport YHZ You have a few options.
Bus : $3.50, 1 hour ride + 5-8 min walk
Car Service/Limo/Taxi : $64, one way, door to door 30-40 min drive
Making R&R a family trip or a couples getaway? Start planning now. Show your Membership card or your conference badge to any of the participating businesses and receive VIP offers designed exclusively for attendees and their companions. Discover Halifax and surrounding areas.
EXHIBITOR / SPONSOR
The SRPC feels it is important to provide recognition to persons or organizations that have made a significant contribution to rural medicine in Canada. Awards will be presented at the Annual Rural and Remote Medicine course Awards Ceremony in Halifax, NS on the evening of Friday April 5th 2019.
Our awards page has all the information you need to prepare your nominations, including the criteria for each of our awards. All applications must be received by Monday January 28, 2019.
Exception: RSA, RLSA, FRRMS, Lifetime. Must be registered no later than Friday March 8th
Call For Abstracts
Is Now closed for R&R 2019 - but you can submit for next year
Abstract Submissions for R&R 2020 - Ottawa, On
CANCELLATION POLICYAll event cancellations must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Refund (less $75 admin fee) will be granted if notification is received by March 4th.
- 50% refund will be granted for cancellations made between March 5th and March 21st OR Full amount (less $75 admin fee) as credit on your account to be used on future invoices. (event, membership or donations)
- Refunds will not be granted after March 21st. Full amount (less $75 admin fee) as credit on your account to be used on future invoices. (event, membership or donations)
- Deposits are non refundable but are transferable to SRPC Membership or Donations
- Social tickets are non refundable but may be transferred or donated to a student or resident.