Family Physician (.50 FTE)
A unique and flexible Family Physician position is available to serve our growing client population.
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by Ontario Health, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking a .50 FTE Family Physician, who as a valuable member of the Community Health Centre team will provide primary care to clients and their families within a care model which emphasizes, harm reduction, health promotion/education, empowerment and teamwork. We have a team of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian, Therapists, Community Health Workers and Administrative support staff.
This position would be Longlac based. There is no overhead and is a salaried position with excellent benefits compensation package, including the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan. Flexibility in work hours is available.
- Medical degree and family residency from a recognized university.
- CPSO license and member of CMPA.
- Experience in a combination of hospital and community settings and/or public health.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Experience in mental health and addictions medicine will be considered an asset and is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
(Ad will be posted until Thursday April 28 2022)