January 21st & 22nd 2016
Banff Enhanced Surgical Skills
at The Rimrock Resort Hotel
• Dr Robert Taylor will be our featured presenter after dinner Thursday evening. Dr Taylor is founder and Director of the UBC Branch for International Surgery. He is a recipient of the Order of Canada for, among other contributions, his assistance to the Red Cross in providing emergency surgery services in war zones. Dr Taylor has been invited to speak to us about his international surgery experiences as well as to address needs and opportunities for ESS physicians in international surgery.
• Also new to our program is Dr Richard Simons, Trauma/Acute Care Surgeon, Vancouver General Hospital. Dr Simons believes that the ESS physician workforce can play a leadership role as surgical first responders in rural trauma programs.
• Funding has been approved for the new Bring your OR Nurse program. A 500$ bursary will be provided to these nurse attendees. They will participate in the larger CME program, as well as having dedicated networking opportunities amongst themselves.
• Plastics Program. The SRPC will be offering their new Plastics course as a pre course during the day on January 21st ( to be followed by the Dinner, Dr Taylor, and the Meet and Greet in the evening). This course features on hands teaching for extensor tendon repairs, simple skin flaps and nerve blocks.
In conjunction with
University of Calgary
Annual Emergency Medicine for Rural Hospitals
at Banff Park Lodge
- January 22-24, BANFF Emergency Medicine for Rural Hospitals
Clinical topics and hands-on skills development for physicians and other health professionals who provide rural emergency health services
- January 22 BANFF Common Fractures and Dislocations
Hands-on best practice for managing fractures and dislocations presenting in rural practice
- January 22 BANFF Rural Anesthesia for GP Anesthesiologists
Bringing specialists and GP anesthesiologists together to share the latest in rural anesthesia. Featuring keynote speakers, simulations, and skills-development workshops
- January 23 BANFF Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks
Learn and practice latest techniques in ultrasound guided regional anesthesia
Save The Date
Endoscopy Skills Day January 22nd-24th, 2016
New Venue — The Banff Centre